Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cheap and Easy DIY Valentine {DIY Gift}



We aren't really big on Valentine's Day gifts around here. In fact, I told B that if he ever bought me jewelry for V-Day, I would probably take it back. I didn't mean for it to sound ungrateful, but I just don't think it's right for us. Valentine's Day is a day that tends to be about showing those around you how much you love them and how well you know them. But, if B were to buy me jewelry, he would be accomplishing the exact opposite - showing me that he doesn't like me at all. So, we have always made each other Valentine's. I will post some of my favorites from the past later this week, but for now, I will give you a sneak peak of my valentine for him this year.


I started with a mini lined notebook from the craft store (you can buy one online here).


I simply wrote our love story down - all of the things I love, remember, and admire about him and about our relationship. I used tons of stickers that I had left over from my paper-scrapping days. For the last few pages, I made coupons that can be traded in for various activities and surprises.

For the cover, I glued on some keyboard letters to spell "Love" and added some stickers and baker's twine. I think it looks delightfully nerdy and still somewhat cute, if I do say so myself. ;)


This craft/note is so simple to do and can be totally customized to your relationship. If you make one, remember to comment with a link so I can go check it out.

Happy February!!




Pin It!

  Today's Creative Blog Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

schellsen said...

This is such an amazing idea! I will have to start this year to get it done by next year though :)

Laura said...

love it! especially the keyboard letters:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...