Sunday, January 29, 2012

Repurposed Treat Container {Party Favor}{Valentine}


Tip Junkie handmade projects

I might just be obsessed with gum. This has been an affliction for as long as I can remember. I may or may not have stolen a piece of already chewed gum from under the counter at the bank (I know, right? Disgusting. I would probably throw up if one of my kids did that). I want to show you what I do with all of the empty containers from my very favorite gum by Mentos.


I love this gum for many reasons. It comes in a bunch of different flavors; the flavor lasts forever; and best of all, the containers ROCK. They actually stay shut in my purse and that, my friends, is awesome. I couldn't bear to part with these bright, well-contained containers when I was done with the gum, so I turned them into candy containers.




It's super easy to do. I think these make a great container for carrying things in your purse (candy, other types of gum, and q-tips fit perfectly) and they would make super fun party favors!

First, I peeled the labels from the Mentos container. I saved the wrapper that was on the lid for easy measuring later on.

Next, I cut some scrapbook paper to the right height. I wrapped it around the container to measure - I know, super technical.


Remember that label from the lid that I saved? I taped it to another piece of scrapbooking paper (sticky side up) and used it to cut out my new label.


Finally, I decoupaged the labels on to the container.

I made a Valentine for my husband (thus the non-girly blue container) and a "demo" treat container for a birthday party favor. I've been wanting to plan a super hero party for so long. Hopefully I get to make more of these for that party soon.



If you try this, I would be super curious to see the result and hear any tips or tricks that you have for making it better!




Pin It!

2 comments:

jubilee said...

So cute. I may start buying Mentos now!

Briana said...

I love decoupage too! Great work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...